NB! The new deadline for the contest is 15 Septembr 2017!
The aim of the national contest for university students is to promote research among university students, stimulate them to be more active and to acknowledge students who have achieved outstanding results with their thesis, study, research or scientific publication.
The contest is open for all students studying in Estonia (including foreign students studying in Estonia) and Estonian citizens studying abroad. Research papers can be submitted on all university levels: applied higher education and bachelor’s studies; master’s studies; doctoral studies and in all fields of research:
Bio and Environmental Sciences;
Culture and Society;
Natural Sciences and Engineering
Objectives of the contest are to:
- raise appreciation for R&D among the students
- stimulate the activities of students in the field of R&D
- acknowledge students and groups of students who have achieved outstanding results in R&D
Read about participation and requirements.
The award fund is 67477,79 euros in total:
- students following bachelor’s or professional degree programmes: 1st prize 960 euros, 2nd prize 650 euros, 3rd prize 320 euros;
- master’s students: 1st prize 1600 euros, 2nd prize 1300 euros, 3rd prize 700 euros;
- doctoral students: 1st prize 1600 euros, 2nd prize 1300 euros, 3rd prize 700 euros;
- 3 special prizes of Estonian Academy of Sciences – 5497,79 euros in total.
The special prizes conferred by President of the Estonian Academy of Sciences are as follows:
- students following bachelor’s or professional degree programmes: special prize for auspicious scintillating sparks – π×250=785.40 euros;
- doctoral or master’s students: 1st special prize for the most elegant student research paper – π×1000=3141.59 euros; 2nd special prize for an unconventional student research paper – π×500=1570.80 euros.
In addition, the competition awards a main prize (3600 euros) irrespective of the fields of research and levels of education.
Ph +372 731 7347
mobile +372 526 0562
mobile +372 511 0356
The contest is organized in cooperation with the Estonian Academy of Sciences and Estonian Ministry of Education and Research.