Information for foreign students
One can participate in the contest with his/her university thesis, research paper, study, scientific article or publication or any other form of research complied at university level. The general term used hereby is “the research paper”.
Foreign students are eligible to participate in the national contest for university students ie the national student research competition, if the research paper submitted to the contest has been compiled during the studies in Estonian university and these studies have been legal and in accordance with the curricula acknowledged by the Estonian Ministry of Education and Research.
- The research paper has been completed by the year 2017 or 2018.
- The research paper is in accordance with requirements of the university, where it has been compiled.
- All research papers in other language than Estonian must have Estonian summary (summary must be submitted as an additional file).
- The research paper has to be submitted electronically.
NB! It is possible to participate with the same research paper or with it’s part(s) at the same category (bachelor/master/doctor) only once.
For example, if you have once participated with an article at doctoral level, it is not possible to participate with the whole doctoral thesis again, as it includes the article, you have already participated with. Once participated, it is possible to participate again with (1) a different research paper or (2) with the same topic at next level (eg one year in bachelor, next year at master’s level, and the next year at doctoral studies). So, participating again needs significant development of the research.
Submitting the research paper
To participate you need to electronically submit the following documents:
- The research paper;
- Summary in Estonian (up to 3 pages). Summary has to give an overview about the whole research including materials and methods used;
- Academic CV;
- Diploma (scanned copy of the first page). If diploma cannot be presented (you are undergraduate or have not received your diploma yet in the category you participate in), the confirmation letter about studying issued by your university is needed. Confirmation letter has to be signed by university´s representative.
- Supervisor’s opinion about the research paper (signed by supervisor).
- Copy of your ID (eg passport/ID-card).
All papers have to be submitted electronically through the website – www.etag.ee/konkursid.
This webpage is provided in Estonian only. If needed the user guide in English for this website can be used.
NB! Documents, which need a signature, can also be signed digitally. If signed on paper it is necessary to submit scanned copy through the website and then send the original paper by regular post to the following address:
Estonian Research Council
+372 7317 347; +372 5260562
Head of Department of Science Communication
Estonian Research Council
+372 730 0333; +372 511 0356