(ETAG) supports research and innovation in Estonia. We maintain and develop a balanced, high-level and internationally successful research, development and innovation (RDI) system in Estonia, as well as a knowledge-based and sustainable Estonian society.
- Research funding
- Support for development and implementation of research and innovation policy
- Support for international research cooperation
- Domestic and international presentation and promotion of Estonian research
We provide research and mobility grants in order to:
- facilitate high-level research projects in all fields to strengthen international competitiveness of Estonian R&D;
- promote cooperation between the government, businesses and research institutions;
- contribute to the internationalisation of research and support the next generation of researchers.
of research and
- We represent Estonia’s positions in international networks, assemblies and cooperation projects.
- We support ministries in making evidence-informed decisions.
- We ensure availability of research information to researchers as well as to the general public.
- We manage the Estonian Research Information System (ETIS) as a hub of information on research and development institutions, researchers, research projects and activities.
- We analyse research and development practices.
- We organise evaluation of research and development activities.
- We educate and advise researchers, research institutions and ministries on the opportunities and criteria of participation in international research cooperation.
- We represent Estonia in research networks and partnership programmes.
- We support participation of researchers, research institutions, public organisations and businesses in international research initiatives.
- We advise foreign researchers working in Estonia.
promotion of Estonian
- We foster science communication and promote the spread of scientific thinking.
- We organise competitions for recognising school and university students, researchers and science promoters.
- We fund science-promoting TV programs, such as “Rakett69”.
- We present Estonian research to an international audience through the in Research in Estonia initiative.
- We coordinate and support popularisation of research and engineering.
Our financing decisions are independent and our actions impartial. Our decisions are comprehensible, transparent and consistent with good international practices. We keep to our agreements and promises.
We rely on thorough knowledge and skills in all areas of activity. We are continually learning and improving ourselves.
We use resources carefully, economically and responsibly. Our work is efficient and of high quality.
Openness and cooperation
We are open to innovation. We value our cooperation with our partners and we work as a unified team.
We allocate 71.8m euros per year in research grants.
We provide 1.4m euros of annual support for international research cooperation.
The science-promoting TV programs funded by us have, on average, over 96,000 viewers.
We present over 100 awards in different annual competitions.
We evaluate over 900 applications per year.
Estonian Research Information System – over 250,255 publications and over 40,000 users.