Personal research grants are funding allocated for a high-quality R&D project carried out by a person or a research group working at an R&D institution.
There are three categories of research grants corresponding to the different levels of a research career:
- A postdoctoral research grant is a grant aimed at supporting the launch of a research career of the people with a doctoral degree obtained from an Estonian university at a foreign R&D institutions or among highly qualified research groups.
- A starting grant is a grant aimed at supporting the researchers with initial research experience to launch their independent research career at an Estonian R&D institution, to set up their research group, and to contribute to educating the next generation of researchers (incl. doctoral students).
- A team grant is a grant aimed at supporting researchers in continuing their research career at an Estonian R&D institution, ensuring high-quality research, leading a strong research group, and educating the next generation of researchers (incl. doctoral students).
- The decision to continue funding the project will be based on the contract which will be prepared in the end of the calendar year.
- The final report has to be submitted no later than two months after the end of the project.
An acknowledgement of the research grant
An acknowledgement of the research grant in a publication is mandatory, unless limited by publishing restrictions, copyright, or intellectual property laws. Only the publications which include an acknowledgement will be taken into account when assessing the interim and final reports.
Correct form of acknowledgment of the research grant in English:
This work was supported by the Estonian Research Council grant (PXX number).
Correct form of acknowledgment of the research grant in Estonian:
Uurimistööd on finantseerinud Eesti Teadusagentuur (PXX number).
Starting and team grants
Head of the Field of National Research Grants
Ph +372 731 7363
Postdoctoral research grants
Senior Advisor of the Mobilitas Pluss programme
Ph +372 731 7343