From 1 to 15 July 2020, an exceptional research funding call for target grants related to solving the problems caused by the SARS-CoV-2 infection was opened. A total of 2.1 million euros is to be distributed to fund applied research and experimental development projects for developing the prototypes for innovative solutions, products, and services in five thematic areas:
- materials and surface treatment agents inhibiting the spread of the virus;
- new types of personal protective equipment;
- technological solutions for the reduction of virus particles in indoor air;
- technological solutions to reduce the workload on the health care sector;
- solutions based on data analysis to assess the spread of the virus and to predict the impact of the measures.
The thematic areas of the call have been defined by the Ministry of Education and Research, based on the outcomes of the idea collection organised by the Estonian Research Council.
The following grant conditions and procedure, and evaluation guidelines have been established by the Directive No 1.1-4/20/77 of the Board of the Estonian Research Council on 16 June 2020.
|Conditions and procedure||Evaluation guidelines||Budget tool|
|Target Grant (COVSG)||COVSG CP||COVSG EG||COVSG BT|
Members of the Expert Panel (Directive in Estonian)
Research Funding Officer (Target Grants)
+372 5697 6673