Information for foreign participants
Foreigners can participate in the contest with his/her university thesis, research paper, study, scientific article or publication or any other form of research compiled at university level in the field of educational research. The general term used hereby is “the research paper”.
Foreign students are eligible to participate, if the research paper submitted to the contest has been compiled during the studies at Estonian university and these studies have been legal and in accordance with the curricula acknowledged by the Estonian Ministry of Education and Research.
Regarding research articles published in Estonian or foreign language one of the authors must be of Estonian residence in accordance of § 5 of Estonian Aliens Act.
- The research paper has been completed by the year 2021, 2022 or 2023.
- The research paper has to be submitted by the author or by the institution, where the research has been carried out, but only with the author’s consent.
- The research paper is in accordance with requirements of the university, where it has been compiled.
- The research paper has to be submitted electronically at etag.ee/konkursid (Online application form is now open). The system will be closed 01.02.2023 at 23.59.
- It is possible to participate in the contest with the same research paper or with all it’s part(s) only once.
For example, if you have once participated with an article at doctoral level, it is not possible to participate with the whole doctoral thesis again, as it includes the article, you have already participated with. Once participated, it is possible to participate again with (1) a different research paper or (2) with the same topic at next level (eg one year in master’s, next year at doctoral studies). So, participating again needs significant development of the research.
Submitting the research paper
To participate you need to electronically submit the following documents:
- The research paper (no signature needed);
- Testimonial of the research (1 A4 page). Testimonial of the research is a significant help to evaluator to form his/her opinion about the research, so it should be complied with good care and quality. The testimonial should present all the values of the research: why is it important to the relevant research field/to society/to practical school life; what are the practical values of the research; what new did it introduce; what an influence it has at national/internationa level.
- Short overview of the research, in Estonian, providing 2-3 sentences in rather simple language in order to use it in media. The overview of the research should mention main context, main target group, main results and practical usage.
- The consent letter of the author, in case the contest paper is submitted by someone else than the author. In case there are many co-authors, all their consents are needed.
All the documents listed above have to be submitted electronically through the website – etag.ee/konkursid (Online application form is now open). This webpage is provided in Estonian only. If needed the user guide in English for this website can be used.
NB! Documents, which need a signature, can be signed digitally and either uploaded directly or sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If signed on paper a scanned coloured copy is to be uploaded or submitted by e-mail, no postal sending needed then.
If sending through the website or by e-mail is not possible the regular post is also available:
Estonian Research Council