The aim of the Estonian Science Communication Award is to acknowledge and draw
The contest is annually invited to apply by:
• Active researchers or research groups;
• Representatives of printed publications;
• Representatives of audio-visual media and electronic media channels;
• Users of innovative methods;
• Individuals or collectives.
ENTRY DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 15, 2021.
The contest’s prize fund is 26 000 euros. The prize is awarded in cooperation with the
Estonian Academy of Sciences. The award is funded by the Ministry of Education and
Research. All the awarded/recognized entrants of the contest have the right to use the
logo ‘Nationally recognized Science Communicator’.
The prizes are awarded in six categories:
• Lifetime achievement award for long-term systematic communication of science and
technology (named after Tiiu Sild – a great science communicator and founder of
AHHAA Science Centre);
• Science and technology communication via audio-visual and electronic media;
• Science and technology communication via printed media;
• Activities/series of activities communicating science and technology;
• Best researcher, journalist or teacher communicating science and technology;
• Best new science and technology communication initiative.
All documents have to be submitted electronically through the website – www.etag.ee/konkursid (the web is open for submissions 01.07–15.09.2021).
Additional information (in Estonian): www.etag.ee/tegevused/konkursid/eesti-teaduse-populariseerimise-auhind/
All winners are allowed to use the title “Nationally Recognised Science Communicator”.
Awards are handed over at the annual science communication conference.